How much does it cost to finish a basement in Iowa? At HomeWorx, the average cost of a basement finish is $35,000 in the Des Moines area. The range of our basement finishes can be as little $15,000 to $50,000+ depending on the scope of work. A number of factors come in to play when determining the cost of a basement finish.
Can you add into your basement? Basements are great for providing increased storage, space for entertainment, and resale value. The average cost to build a full 2,000-square-foot basement with no existing crawlspace is around $110,000. If you already have a crawlspace, you can add a basement for about $45,000.
Should I put a bedroom in my basement? In short, yes. You can use your basement as a bedroom, but you have to ensure that it complies with the proper building codes. Basement living spaces require an emergency exit and rescue openings, also known as an egress code.
How do I modernize my basement?
- 1 Warm things up with a Modern Faux Fireplace.
- 2 Set up Extra Seating Behind the Couches.
- 3 Turn the Space into a Craft Room.
- 4 Shiplap the Walls for a Cozier Feel.
- 5 Install a Formal Projector Screen.
- 6 Opt for Cinema-Themed Decor.