What is the largest credit union in Iowa? GreenState Credit Union is a member owned financial cooperative with 24 office locations. Since being organized in 1938, GreenState has grown to be the largest credit union in Iowa with over $7.5 billion in assets and 250,000 members.
Are credit unions still better than banks? Why Choose a Credit Union? Lower interest rates on loans and credit cards; higher rates of return on CDs and savings accounts. Since credit unions are non-profits and have lower overhead costs than banks, we are able to pass on cost savings to consumers through competitively priced loan and deposit products.
What is the most popular credit union?
- Best overall: Alliant Credit Union (ACU)
- Best for rewards credit cards: Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed)
- Best for military members: Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU)
- Best for APY: Consumers Credit Union (CCU)
- Best for low interest credit cards: First Tech Federal Credit Union (FTFCU)
What is the most popular bank in Iowa? University of Iowa Community Credit Union is Iowa’s top rated bank.